More Info- Select Soccer
new to Select soccer?
Here's some helpful information.
The River City Rangers Soccer Club is a competitive soccer program committed to providing the highest quality environment for
Select players grounded in the philosophy of “For the Player.” By providing the best coaches and training facilities in Central
Austin, we focus on our most important goal: the growth and development of the individual player, both on and off the field. The
Rangers is a nonprofit organization of experienced coaches and dedicated volunteers, all of whom strive to help players
achieve their full potential as athletes and individuals. Ranger teams are selected annually at tryouts in May.
- Rangers Select Soccer is a year-long commitment that includes the Fall and Spring soccer seasons running from June, 2023
through May, 2024.
- Rangers Select teams are coached by experienced, licensed, professional coaches.
- U11-U14 age group teams participate in the Superleague of Austin, and games are played against teams from the local
- U15-U19 teams participate in WDDOA (Prime, Challenger, and Alpha flights) and CAYSA Division 2, and games are
played in the greater Austin area (for CAYSA D2) and can extend to the greater San Antonio area (for WDDOA)
depending on the level of play/teams entered in each flight.
- U11 and U12 teams play 9v9 format and carry 12-16 players per team.
- U13-U19 teams play 11v11 format and carry 14-22 players per team.
- Twice a week team training for the fall season starts the first week of August for all Select teams.
- U11-U14 teams train through the fall until mid-December when the Fall season ends. Spring season team training for U11-
U14 teams resumes in mid-January and continues until tryouts in late May/early June.
- U15-U19/High School age teams train through the fall until the late November/early December when high school soccer
tryouts and training begin. Coaches offer 1X per week optional pool training for our U15-U19 players from mid-January
until tryouts at the end of May.
- Team training consists of 2 X 1.5hour sessions per week on either a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule.
Training schedules are determined following tryouts and team formation.
- All Ranger teams train in Central Austin at St. Louis Catholic Church, 7601 Burnet Rd.
- Fall league games start the weekend after Labor Day and continue through mid-November.
- U11-U14 Spring league games begin in mid-February and conclude in early May.
- U15-U19 teams start their spring games in late March to accommodate High School soccer schedules and conclude in
- Games are played on Saturday and Sunday, generally one game/weekend and occasionally 2 games/ weekend.
The fall season consists of 10-12 games. The spring season consists of 8-10 games, with the U15-U19 teams playing a
shorter spring game schedule of 6-8 games due to their later start.
- Teams can play 1-2 tournaments per year as determined by the coach with input from parents. Rangers teams generally
play tournaments in the greater Austin or San Antonio area.
- Financial assistance of up to ½ of the RCR Club fees is available for players who complete the FA application proccess and demonstrate need in accordance with the RCR Financial Assistance guidelines
WHY YOU SHOULD BE A PART OF
THE RIVER CITY RANGERS
- PROFESSONAL LICENSED COACHES AT EVERY AGE GROUP
- COACHES WHO HAVE COACHED AND PLAYED AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS
- A RICH TRADITION DEVELOPING PLAYERS TO COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS
- CENTRALLY LOCATED TRAINING FACILITIES IN THE AUSTIN CITY LIMITS
- A COMMUNITY BASED CLUB THAT IS DIRECTLY "FOR THE PLAYER"
- PLAYER DEVELOPMENT AND EMPHASIS ON ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME
- A DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY FOR PLAYERS FROM JUNIOR ACADEMY TO SELECT
- AN OBTAINABLE AND AFFORDABLE SELECT SOCCER PROGRAM
- CONSISTENT AND ORGANIZED TRAINING BASED IN PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
- AN ENVIRONMENT BUILT FOR PLAYER GROWTH ON AND BEYOND THE FIELD
- COACHES DEDICATED TO YOUR CHILD AND THE DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH OF THEIR ABILITY
- A PHYSICAL OUTLET FOR YOUR CHILD THAT NURTURES THE PLAYER'S BODY AND MIND
- AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS MISTAKES FOR GROWTH AND LEARNING THAT BENEFITS PLAYERS FOR LIFE
- A TEAM AND COMMUNITY THAT ENCOURAGES PLAYERS TO BE THE BEST VERSION OF THEMSELVES