RANGERS DAY CAMPS
Who, When, Where
This day camp is designed to benefit all levels of recreational and select players, ages 5–14 .
Camps run Monday through Friday from 8:30-11:30AM.
All sessions will be conducted by River City Rangers coaches and will follow the same curriculum, adapted for the ages and skill levels of the participants.
This camp will develop each player’s ability to:
* Control,dribble, turn, pass and strike the ball with proper technique and precision;
* Use correct technique under pressure;
* Play with confidence in a variety of game situations;
* Form good habits for the prevention of injuries
* Include proper warm ups and conditioning exercises in their training process
* Act responsibly, displaying leadership, good sportsmanship, and respect for the game.
A different set of skills will be emphasized on each day of the week:
Monday: Dribbling and turns, 1v1 attacking/defending
Tuesday: Passing and receiving
Wednesday: Shooting and striking
Friday: General review, contests, and small-sided games
Age Group Training Emphases
U5–U6: For the youngest players, having fun will be the primary emphasis. A variety of games and exercises will develop basic soccer skills.
U7–U10: For more experienced recreational players, training will include both games and technical drills, creating an environment that is fun but challenging.
U11–U14: More advanced skills will be taught via increasingly complex drills and field situations. Training will include techniques and tactics, working toward a more mature understanding of the game.
Every player will receive a River City Rangers Summer Camp training shirt.
Every player will be checked in and out of camp every day by River City Rangers coaches.
Coaches will work to honor requests to keep specific players together, while also striving to form activity groups that provide the right amount of challenge for each player.